Dr. Tara Chapman
Small Animal Internal Medicine Specialist
- Graduated from Atlantic Veterinary College (DVM)
- Rotating internship at Veterinary Specialists of Rochester
- Residency in Small Animal Internal Medicine at Atlantic Veterinary College
- Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (DACVIM)
- Small animal internal medicine specialist at VCA Canada Alta Vista Animal Hospital
Dr. Tara Chapman is from Newfoundland. She graduated from Atlantic Veterinary College in 2002. After obtaining her DVM, she completed a 1-year rotating internship at Veterinary Specialists of Rochester in Rochester, New York, and then a 3-year residency in small animal internal medicine residency at Atlantic Veterinary College. Dr. Chapman obtained board-certification with the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine in 2008.
Tara sees a wide variety of medical cases and has a special interest in immune-mediated disease, gastrointestinal and hepatic disorders, and diagnostic ultrasound and endoscopy.
Tara loves spending time with her family in both Ottawa and in Newfoundland, where she was born and raised. Her household is run by two spoiled cats, Joan and Mike. She enjoys traveling, alpine skiing, whale watching, hiking, and playing pickleball.