Dr. Phil Larose
Clinician in Veterinary Surgery
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), University of Montreal
- Rotating internship at the Ontario Veterinary College
- Residency in Small Animal Surgery at the Ontario Veterinary College
- Doctor of Veterinary Science (DVSc), University of Guelph
Dr. Phil Larose is from L’Orignal, Ontario. He graduated from the Université de Montréal, Faculté de Médecine Vétérinaire in 2018. He completed a 1-year rotating internship followed by a 4-year residency in small animal surgery at the Ontario Veterinary College. He graduated from the University of Guelph with a Doctor of Veterinary Sciences (DVSc) post-graduate degree. Throughout his veterinary degree and residency, Phil has received several awards for his leadership, academic merit, research and scientific presentations. He is the inventor of the BOSS line of veterinary surgical positioning devices.
Larose PC, Brisson BA, Sanchez A, Monteith G, Singh A, Zhang M. Near-infrared fluorescence cholangiography in dogs: A pilot study. Vet Surg. 2023 Aug 3. doi: 10.1111/vsu.14007. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 37537967.
Larose PC. Near-Infrared Fluorescence Cholangiography in Dogs: A Pilot Study. ECVS Annual Scientific Meeting, Porto, 2022; Veterinary Endoscopy Society Annual Meeting, New York, 2022; ACVS Surgery Summit, Chicago, 2021.
- 1st Place, Research Category, Small Animal Surgery Resident’s Forum (ACVS)
- 1st Place, Resident Abstract Award (VES)
- ACVS/ECVS Speaker Exchange Program Award.
Larose PC. Comparing 3 mm and 5 mm laparoscopic liver biopsy samples in dogs. Veterinary Endoscopy Society Annual Meeting, Sorrento, 2023.