Dr. Jackie Pelot
- Graduated from Ontario Veterinary College (DVM)
- Rotating internship at the Western College of Veterinary Medicine
- Emergency Medicine and Critical Care Internship at Iowa State University
- Emergency veterinarian at Mississauga-Oakville Veterinary Emergency Hospital
- Emergency veterinarian at Ottawa Animal Emergency & Specialty Hospital
Dr. Jackie Pelot grew up in Ottawa. She graduated from Ontario Veterinary College in 2002. After obtaining her DVM, she completed a 1-year rotating internship at the Western College of Veterinary Medicine and then a 1-year emergency medicine and critical care internship at Iowa State University.
Dr. Pelot was the seventh child in a boisterous and fun-loving family. In her teens, her family moved to a farm where she became involved in riding, training, and teaching with horses and ponies. After running a successful summer riding camp, Dr. Pelot returned to university to pursue a veterinary degree. She initially planned to be a horse vet, however, her interests shifted to small animal emergency medicine along the way. Dr. Pelot recently moved to Almonte where she shares a home with her wife, Suzy, two dogs, Mercedes and Gigi, and cat, Gracie.