Dr. Chris Whipp
DVM, DACVIM (Cardiology)
- Graduated from Ontario Veterinary College (DVM)
- Rotating internship at the Atlantic Veterinary College
- Comparative Cardiology Residency at the University of Minnesota
- Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine in Cardiology (DACVIM [Cardiology])
- Veterinary cardiologist at VCA Canada Alta Vista Animal Hospital
Dr. Chris Whipp is originally from Ottawa. He graduated from Ontario Veterinary College in 2014. After obtaining his DVM, he completed a 1-year rotating internship at the Atlantic Veterinary College and then a 3-year residency in comparative cardiology at the University of Minnesota. Dr. Whipp obtained board-certification with the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine in Cardiology in 2019.
His professional interests include the management of congestive heart failure, congenital heart disease, and arrhythmias. In addition, Dr. Whipp received extensive training during his residency in cardiac, vascular, and non-vascular interventional procedures. He is very excited to offer a wide range of minimally-invasive, catheter-based procedures, including PDA occlusion and balloon valvuloplasty, as well as vascular procedures such as tumor chemoembolization and intrahepatic portosystemic shunt embolization.
When not at work, Dr. Whipp enjoys cooking and spending time with his family and two dogs, Margaret and Gordon, and cat, Mila.