Dr. Andrew Lowe
DVM, MSc, DACVD
- Graduated from Ontario Veterinary College (DVM)
- Rotating internship at Ontario Veterinary College
- Residency in Veterinary Dermatology at the University of Illinois
- Master of Veterinary Science at the University of Illinois (MSc)
- Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Dermatologists (DACVD)
- Veterinary dermatologist at Fox Valley Referral Center, Wisconsin
- Veterinary dermatologist at VCA Canada Alta Vista Animal Hospital
Dr. Andrew Lowe is from just outside Peterborough. He graduated from Ontario Veterinary College in 2003. After obtaining his DVM, he completed a 1-year rotating internship at Ontario Veterinary College and then a 3-year residency in veterinary dermatology at the University of Illinois. Dr. Lowe obtained board-certification with the American College of Veterinary Dermatologists in 2007. Dr. Lowe is one of the founding partners of Capital City Specialty & Emergency Animal Hospital.
Dr. Lowe wanted to be a veterinarian since he was 8 years old. He developed a love of dermatology during his final year of vet school. Since moving to the Ottawa region in 2012, he has enjoyed helping the people and pets of the region and looks forward to continuing to do so in his new venture at Capital City Specialty & Emergency Animal Hospital.
Dr. Lowe lives with his wife, Erin, two children, Colin and Fiona, and their cat Waffle. In his spare time, Dr. Lowe enjoys skiing and playing the guitar (poorly!).